The Kite license serves as a qualification certificate for kitersurfers who have demonstrated their knowledge and skills in a practical and theoretical test. The training is very practice-oriented and renounces deeper theory, 1h with examination. Thus, the basic certificate is the ideal foundation for entry into the kiting.
Die VDWS kite license in credit card format is built into 7 levels:
7 Levels determine the structure in training for good kiter.
The classification helps to ensure that the training programs are goal-oriented and run similarly at all VDWS schools. The student recognizes the steps necessary to be able to carry out this sailing sport independently with the kite. We split the 7 levels into 3 categories again.
- Level 1-3: Beginner (usually the first two days)
- Level 4+5: Intermediate (usually from 3rd day to 2 weeks training)
- Level 6+7: Advanced (usually from 2 weeks onwards)
- General safety, start preparation,
- Start Exercises, 1. Flight Exercises
- Kite relaunch
- First driven 50 meters
- Riding downwind, Control, height hold, base turn
- Riding up wind
- Basic Jump, transition turn,
- Transition Jump
- Rotations, Kiteloops,
- Graps, One Food,
- Board off
- or Raily
You get a systematic build-up and recognize your learner sequence.
Perspectives are shown to you.
What are the learning steps, what else can you learn?
When do you belong to the Kitesurfer’s Guard?
Your license is a passport that covers your ability to kite and helps you kite in certain places where a license is required.